Okay, here we go.
What do you need?
- At least 2 Nimbuzz id, 1 id for bot and the other for bot admin.
- Shell (freeBSD) or VPS (Linux) account. There's a many free shell account. But keep in mind that VPS is more stable than Shell to run this bot.
- SSH Client. For PC users can use PuTTy, midpssh.org for java mobile users and ConnectBot for Android users.
What to do?
- Login to your server using ssh client.
- Type wget [download_url] command to download bot zip file. Example: wget http://asdot.googlecode.com/files/bot.zip
- Type unzip bot.zip to extract
- Type cd bot to go to bot directory
- Edit config.txt using nano config.txt command (see how to config)
- Back to home directory
- Run your bot using command daemon python bot/bot.py for freeBSD users, type screen [enter] python bot/bot.py [enter] for VPS Linux users.
- My bot above include greeting plugin (salam_plugins.py) with Indonesian language, you are allowed to modify or delete the plugin then add greeting text manually.
- List some of SSH client commands are here
- Commands for stOrm are here
- Enjoy your bot :D
- modified aff_plugin.py (make owner/admin/member/participant/banned room users)
- midified salam_plugin.py (en)
- added autosend_plugin.py (repeatly send a message with specified interval)
- added profile_plugin.py (Showing status and nickname of the JID)
- removed autokick_plugin.py (doesnt works for shell server)
#Update 9-9-2012 Natalie Bot v4.3.6
Download page bots are here
I create one shell account for you guys, Just for experiment. Here you go
Check this out Running Nimbuzz Bot On Server [Part II]